JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

i would like to know what i can do i had a contractor come

i would like to know what i can do i had a contractor come in and clean up a busted water line . they were going to do the repairs but after 5 weeks not hearing from them i ask my insurance co if i could fire them i have dates and time were both insurance and myself tried to contact them. Now 1 yr later they are suing me for 3500.00 there repair cost that they never did.
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. Did you have someone else perform the work? And, if so, was that person paid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the insurance co provideed me with the name of a contract and he came and preformed all the work. And was paid the original co was paid 4500.00 in dryout fees

Do you have documented / written proof of that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i have the written bill and recepts the insurance co also has copys of all the records

Thank you. Is this a licensed plumber that you were dealing with (who is now trying to collect from you)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no a company named Great lakes Renovaion And the Muller Richmond Harms & Meyers P. C. Attorneys and counselers

Thank you.

You can respond back to them saying that no monies are owed because their client abandoned the job and someone else had to perform the work, inform them that if they wish to pursue this matter, you will file a complaint with the State against the contractor and you reserve your right to file a counter-suit for violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Michigan Collection Practices Act.

I hope that you found this information to be helpful and, indeed, informative and worthy of a positive rating so that I receive credit for assisting you today.

~~ J.B.