rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
3071004

MY X MARRIED A WOMAN, AND CLAIMED IN BILL OF REVIEW HE DID

MY X MARRIED A WOMAN, AND CLAIMED IN BILL OF REVIEW HE DID NOT KNOW HE WAS DIVORCED , BUT MARRIED ? AND WE HAD SIGNED A RULE 11 5 MONTHS BEFORE DIVORCE WAS GRANTED. JUDGE CANNOT RULE OUT SIDDE RULE 11, ON ASSETTS ONLY AND WHEN HE'S DEAD. OR I WOULD BE MARRIED TO A BIGIMIST. AND JUDGE IS TRYING TO GET AROUND THE ASSETS BY MAKING ME AGREE TO ARBITRATION, i SAID NO, NOW HES TRYING TO MAKE ME PRODUCE DOCUMENTS WHEN THAT WOULD INCRIMINATE ME, AND THEY PLAINTIFF PROOVED NOTHING TO DATE , EXCEPT THAT H

Hi and welcome,

If I understand you.....your ex is saying he is still married to you? I suspect you can prove otherwise and as you know the Rule 11 agreement, as long as it is clear and agreed to by both parties, is binding and cannot be disturbed by the judge.

The judge has no right whatsoever to do this. The arbitration must be stopped. either by you or by an attorney on your behalf.

REMEMBER THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE
To find an attorney, go to Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory we lawyers use ourselves to find highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. These lawyers are NOT in Martindale because they paid to be included. They are there because they are rated as QUALIFIED by other lawyers in their field of expertise and geographic area as it applies to your kind of case. The process is this: other lawyers are asked to fill out questionnaires giving their opinion of the quality of the work of the law firm that ultimately appears in Martindale.

The site is organized geographically and by legal specialty. Consult with two or three and select the one you are most comfortable with. The Martindale listing will have the names of current or past clients. Contact those clients as references for the firm.

Please refer to the JUST ANSWER disclaimer and rule on this site. You have to consult with an attorney in your state and discuss this matter with him or her. THE REASON is that we do not have an attorney-client relationship and the confidentiality that goes with it on this site. Our exchange is available for all to see. Note that this rule is applicable even though I am a New York attorney and your question may relate to NY law.

Please ACCEPT MY ANSWER so that I may get credit for assisting you.

Then press 3, 4 or 5 to rate it.

Please do NOT press 1 or 2 since that will result in a negative rating for me which
you may not have intended If you want further information or clarification, just ask before you accept my answer and give a rating.

rich

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i will never agree to a arbitration.. and my x husband is dead, as of 2009 july, and he remarried.

the rule 11 is solid, but they say it does not matter as the final divorce decree was signed ? bull.. i am divorced, and if judge opens assetts, then i am married and its all mine and the dead man my x is a bigimist and his wife.. this s messed up. Thanks