MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

Is it legal to be a mortgage foreclosure consultant (distressed

Is it legal to be a mortgage foreclosure consultant (distressed property consultant) in Illinois, although no license is required?

Is it legal to offer services as a mortgage foreclosure consultant or distressed property consulant in Illinois if no license is required? Is it legal to be a distressed foreclosure consultant without a law license or violating mortgage laws? Is a license required in Illinois? Can these services be offered in Illinois legally without a law or mortgage license:

1.Stop or postpone the foreclosure sale.

2.Obtain any forbearance from any beneficiary or mortgagee.

3.Assist the owner to exercise the right of reinstatement.

4.Obtain any extension of the period within which the owner may reinstate his or her obligation.

5.Obtain any waiver of an acceleration clause contained in any promissory note or contract secured by a deed of trust or mortgage on a residence in foreclosure or contained in any such deed of trust or mortgage.

6.Assist the owner to obtain a loan or advance of funds.

7.Avoid or ameliorate the impairment of the owner's credit resulting from the recording of a notice of default or the conduct of a foreclosure sale.

8.Save the owner's residence from foreclosure.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Would your assistance entail the filing of any court papers?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I don't think I will file any court papers.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX profession is not with the realm of those requiring a license in IL. See http://www.idfpr.com/PROFS/proflist.asp?page=7