Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years In General Practice,

my fiance was pull over and was arrested over weekend after

my fiance was pull over and was arrested over weekend after his license show DWLS FOR DUI (XXXXX XXXXXcense) we are florida residents now. his bail is 10,000 1,000 to get out when he go to court is he looking at some time

Hello and thank you for your question.

Did you want to hire an attorney to defend him court?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are not sure if we can afford one i cant afford to bail him out but would like an ideal if he will do time. The dui is from 2008-2009 period he had 5 of them.

That is really difficult to determine without having a copy of his record. Was he pulled over for a DUI? Why was he arrested?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no he was not arrested for dui it was a traffic stop. When they ran his license it show his license was suspended for dui from Virginia.

this is the charges for florida

Offense TypeDOC TypeOffenseCountStatuteBondBondTypeBondStatusNext Court DateCourt RoomAgency CFS
DWLS FOR DUI 0 $10000 CS Open 11/14/2012 08:00:00 ARRAIG

If this is the first time he has driven on a suspended license he could receive 60 days in jail and a $500.00 fine.

If he has ever been convicted of this before he would face more serious charges.

I hope that answers your question. Please let me know if you additional questions for me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he been convicted driving under suspended license more than once in virginia never in florida will that still be the case

Florida can revoke his ability to obtain a license for 5 years. He would be subject to the fine and 60 days in jail.

Florida Code
322.24 Suspending resident's license upon conviction in another state.

It would be wise to see if you can hire an attorney.

Thank you.