MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I invented a child Security System and it was stolen and I

I invented a child Security System and it was stolen and I found out it was stolen by watching the Oprah Winfrey show because it was feature on there. I called my lawyer who handle my patent disclosure (434,433) he stated I needed to connect someone in the company to myself in order to file for a judgement. I felt it was wrong I even called the company and they stated it was a working product two years after I filed my disclosure. The never made any modifications to the system. I have all my original papers but time has passed by. Yet I still feel I was given incorrect information. I am disable and have very limited resources. What can I do because it still nags me that my invention was stolen and my lawyer failed to do anything about it?
Pamela Harper
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. How long ago did you first observe the use of your system by the company?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

more than ten years

Thank you Pamela, are you familiar with the statute of limitations?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes and please note that when I learned the tracker was stolen I made contact with the lawyer who handle the patent and the company. but have been unable to make a connection.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the statute of limitations would prohibit you from filing suit as the claim is more than 6 years old. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.