Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

We have a problem with instalation and quality of our kitchen

Customer Question

We have a problem with instalation and quality of our kitchen remodeling. What to do now
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I am sorry to hear that you had a problem. What exactly occured? What is the problem? What, if anything, is that company's stance on the work--do they agree that there is an issue with the quality also?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not sure about it , we will meet today, but the said they will make everything to make us happy.... If you see how the new kitchen cabinets look, you will scaprical as we are

Thank you for your follow-up, Liliana.

I am sorry that you are not satisfied. However under law before you take any other action against the contractors, you generally have to give them a 'good faith' attempt to make things right, that is, to facilitate repairs and review whether or not they can make the kitchen look to your expectations. I can understand your skepticism here, but if you do not give them the ability to make repairs, then they can claim that you violated the agreement in 'bad faith', and they are no longer liable for further repairs or costs. This is why I asked what occurred and where you are pertaining to negotiation; since this just happened you do have to give them an opportunity to repair. You cannot generally demand a discount if they do the work properly once repairs are concluded, but if they are still off after opportunities to repair, you could potentially cease negotiation, demand a discount, get a third party to fix and sue the original party for those expenses.

Good luck.