Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

i am car dealer i sold trucks on 10/23/2012 custmer write $100.00

Customer Question

i am car dealer i sold trucks on 10/23/2012 custmer write $100.00 ck and balance $1900.00 0n11/01/2012 we delever car and put contract and sent out to our fianance company she called 0n 10/27/2012 she said if possible to change unit we said no we able to fianance truck only she said oky we keep unit we did told her if she want she can bring car back but she said no we are going to keep car monday she call us she said she isgoing to returned car we told her that it is to late but she dropp off car and left today we have police officer come to dealership asking us there is thift report aginst me for $100.00
and reeding my right i show the officer my contract and explane he said customer reported
and he is doing his job i need help this false report what is my wright are they going proceed crimnal action aginst me help
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

My apologies but what exactly are they claiming that you 'stole'? Did you have a formal and SIGNED contract where the transfer of the vehicle took place, or was it still just in negotiation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

s i do have hawaii sales contract and all doc been signe by her and amount truck been sold and down payment and she write $100 ck and balance be paid by 11/01/2012ow she reporting to police i should not deposit her ck and reporting as theift

Thank you for your follow-up, Bob.

Then this is not a criminal matter, and should not be one--this is a civil matter since she signed this agreement under free will. It is too bad that she is reporting this to the police, there is no theft here, this is breach of contract on her end as well as check fraud (or rather it becomes check fraud if you cash the check and the check bounces). She is merely attempting to frighten you, if you have a valid contract for this vehicle, and more importantly, you have her signature for this vehicle, it is a valid agreement which does NOT change even if she dropped off the vehicle back with you. Her picking up the vehicle constitutes 'delivery' and concludes the contract.

Good luck.