socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

do you have to comply to fingerprinting and photo if you are

do you have to comply to fingerprinting and photo if you are not charged with a crime?
Who is requiring you to submit to a fingerprinting and photo?

What is the reason that they are giving you for the fingerprinting and photo?

Thanks in advance.

NOTICE: My goal here is to entertain while educating the public about the law. I hope my answer is useful and informative to you. During our conversation, the website may ask you to rate my answer. If you rate my answer lower than the middle rating, then the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing. It is entirely your choice as to how you rate my answer. However, because your payment to me is in the nature of a donation/gift, rather than as compensation for any services rendered, you are entitled to know how your rating affects the final distribution of your donation.

If you need to contact me again, please put my user id at the beginning of your question ("To Socrateaser"), and the system will send me an alert. Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION. Thanks and best wishes!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Police Detective and I was questioned as 'suspected of fraud' to government credit card.

You don't have to agree to anything, unless you are actually arrested and taken into custody. Police cannot force you to submit to a fingerprinting and photograph ("mug shot"), unless you are arrested and booked on some criminal charge.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What if I refuse to comply? Would this consider admitting guilt.
He explained that it is for his file/record folder.