Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

In the state of Arizona, what type of delivery is accepted

In the state of Arizona, what type of delivery is accepted by the court? For example, if I am required to send my response to a complaint to the plaintiff can i send it fed ex with signature? or does it have to be through a process server?
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. The answer does not need to served. It can be done by fed ex, regular mail. Some people even agree in advance to service by e-mail to save time and costs, but mail and fed ex are commonly used.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well I sent my "answer" to the plaintiff regular mail and shes saying she didnt get it

I just filed a Motion for reconsideration and sent her copy fed ex signature required. for some stupid reason fed ex did not get her signature (i will be requesting a refund). i just got an email from her (plaintiff) that admits she got the motion for reconsideration, but now i am worried that since i dont have signed proof of delivery the judge will deny it.

can a motion be denied if i cant show signed proof she got it?

The court is not going to hold you in default. Your affidavit confirming mailing is enough. In dealing with someone who may be lying or mistaken, it is better to use fed ex but regular mail is perfectly legal manner of service, just raises a potential problem as to proof should it be challenged later.