TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I have a potential new client in Ghana who wants to sign the

I have a potential new client in Ghana who wants to sign the contracts in Ghana. I cant make so he supposed that hire a lawyer there to represent my intersest how does that work. I don't trust it I want him to send me the contract so I can sign and notorize and sent it back. Can I do that legally.

Thank you for your question. You should absolutely refuse to enter into this contract without looking at the document and signing it yourself.
The legal system in Ghana is notoriously corrupt. You must insist that your potential client email you the documents for you to review here and hire a lawyer to review for you if needed before you sign. Contracts do not have to be notorized and can be signed remotely on copies or scanned versions.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this matter.

-ZDN