TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I had quit my job abou 3 weeks ago and moved to be with my

I had quit my job abou 3 weeks ago and moved to be with my husband full time. He came home on weekends. I was looking for work. within 3 weeks I got sick with a cancer brain tumor. Immediately had brain surgery. Will be out of work for months. Am I able to qualify for state disability? I have no income at this time.

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry to hear about your situation. The incident is an event of disability, as it prevents you from working. However, since you were not employed at the time of the surgery, you do not qualify for state disability benefits.

However, you are likely to qualify for federal social security benefits. You would need to file an application for the same at

Please let me know if you have further questions on this issue.

Best Regards,