Civil Law Answers
Civil Law Answers, Attorney
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current active litigation + mediation practice
12143673

My exhusband got a restraining order against me. We had an

My exhusband got a restraining order against me. We had an altercation at his house, he called the police. Lied and said I threatened him with a gun/knife. Court is on monday and I have no lawyer. What should I do?

Civil Law Answers :

Hello and thanks for contacting JustAnswer.

Civil Law Answers :

I am so sorry for your situation.

Civil Law Answers :

There is an 800 number you can call in FL for the Florida Domestic Violence Hotline. The number is 1-800-500-1119

Civil Law Answers :

In addition, you can ask that a victim advocate from the state attorney's office attend the hearing with you.

Civil Law Answers :

I'm so sorry I just realized that your ex is claiming HE is the victim, not you. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Civil Law Answers :

You can request that the heairng be postponed/continue to allow you to have time to get an attorney. It is important for you to get an attorney to represent you in this situation to try to get this claim dismissed against you.

Civil Law Answers :

If the police responded and interviewed you and believed that you were credible and said positive things about you in the police report, then you would want to subpoena the officer to attend the heairng. Obviously, you would not want to subpoena them to attend if the report believes your ex. Have you seen the police report (if there is one)?

Civil Law Answers :

Also, are there pending criminal charges against you?

Customer:

t