Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Legal Expert
19305272

Is it legal for a Chiropractor in California to prescribe a

Is it legal for a Chiropractor in California to prescribe a TENS unit (after examining a patient).

Yes, it is legal.

A chiropractor may, as part of his or her practice, manipulate the muscle and connective tissue using manual and mechanical techniques, which is what a TENS unit does.

http://www.chiro.ca.gov/res/docs/pdf/business/chiroregs_june2011.pdf

Just FYI -- you will not find any rule, statute or other law that explicitly says a chiropractor may prescribe TENS treatment. Rather, the ability of a chiropractor to do so stems from the more general grant of authority already noted to you.

Please don't forget to rate my answer. Otherwise, I cannot receive credit for my work. And it does take time and resources for us experts to assist you -- this is not a hobby. Thanks.