Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

what are the obligations of the owners and residenrs of a private

Customer Question

what are the obligations of the owners and residenrs of a private road. 7 residents have a Right Of Way but two own the Property the road is on?????
Expert:  Loren replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. If you require clarification, please feel free to post a follow up question.

The non owners have an easement for the use of the road. The easement was recorded at some point and can be retrieved from the county recorder of deeds and reviewed. The easement document will contain the rights and specific obligations of the parties as far as use and maintenance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry but that does not answer my question o who i respon, foe upkeep.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 years ago.
As I said, you need to review the easement. However, it is typical in private roads that all users would share equally in the cost of maintenance. This includes the owners and easement holders. However, you need to pull up a copy of the easement to confirm.