Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience

I got my temporary licence after a night of singing at a karaoke bar on 8/23. the officers

Customer Question

I got my temporary licence after a night of singing at a karaoke bar on 8/23. the officers pulled me over for apparently going 50 in a 40 zone. they administered the physical test to which i did pretty well on yet they still brought me in to their station at the Cal State Fullerton campus. There, they gave me the Breathalyzer (which I agreed to) and while i didn't see a print out, they said my level was .09

after that they took my picture licence away and gave me the temporary paper. on it say the court date is 10/10. will i be able to at least get my picture id back before then?

I'm currently unemployed and looking for work. Living off unemployment while also applying to go back to school.
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 4 years ago.

Your license won't be returned to you until after the suspension period is over (and you pay a fee and show proof of insurance), or the DMV determines after a hearing that your license shouldn't be suspended. If you want to contest the suspension, you have 10 days to file a request for a hearing. Otherwise, if you need identification, you will have to request an identification card, because your license won't be given back to you until the suspension is lifted one way or another. This page will provide you with some information about the suspension, getting your license back, and the hearing you can request:

Is there some additional information I can provide?