LegalEagle1, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.

Good morning, sir. I was wondering if youre located within

Customer Question

Good morning, sir. I was wondering if you're located within the five boroughs of New York City?
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 4 years ago.
The experts here at JustAnswer are located all over the world. With what is it that you need assistance?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried to sue someone in small claims court for the return of my property. The clerk in Civil court told me that unless I was suing for money that I couldn't sue there and that only in Supreme court is where a judge can demand the return of my property. I'm having a hard time finding someone to take the case.
That is correct you would file a writ of replevin in the Supreme Court that has jurisdiction where the property is located.

The experts at JustAnswer do not represent the people who ask questions on this website.

Have you tried to obtain a referral to a lawyer from the New York City Bar Association?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Greetings, sir. Yes I have tried the bar association. The lawyer there wanted an outrageous amount retainer. My property (computer equipment) isn't even worth close to the amount the lawyer is asking for. I ordered copies of a replevin, but I think a lawyer has to fill it out and file it. I thought I could e-file it myself.
You can file the replevin yourself, but you want to make sure you doing so correctly. For that you may want to have a lawyer prepare or review your filing. All I can suggest is you look for an attorney who does collection work to help you.
I enjoyed answering your question a few days ago. I just wanted to contact you to see if you needed any further assistance.

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work.