INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I was denied unemployment benefits stating: "You quit your

I was denied unemployment benefits stating: "You quit your job to relocate. Available information shows that your reason for leaving may have been a good personal reason; however, it is not considered a good work connected reason.

Are the following reasons a good work connected reason:
a) The commute is not reasonable.
b) I resigned to avoid having my license revoked due to abandonment of contract.

My husband was transferred as result of a reduction in the company workforce in GA and a need for more workers in Ohio. Failure to move with my spouse would place a financial hardship on me. The expense of maintaining two separate households would be too much of a financial burden for me to remain behind while my spouse relocated. Due to recent back surgery, I would have had a hard time raising three teenage boys alone.

Would I need more information, and if so what?
Thanks

Former teacher
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.
Those reasons would not be enough either. If the employer changed your position, by cutting pay, increasing commute or made you engage in conduct that put your license at risk or that would violate the law that would qualify. Major cut in pay and hours would qualify too. Is that clear? Wish I had better news to provide.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it is clear. Thank you for the information.

Very welcome. Tried to expedite response to you.
Kindly click on a rating for the answer of Ok or higher.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What is a good work connected reason?

Harassment, material reduction in pay, hours, change in job duties of significant nature, discrimination at work, illegal conduct at work would all be work related reasons. Good luck. I attempted to expedite a response to your question. Please select a positive rating for the answer. That is the only way I get credit for it by the site. If for some reason the rating feature is not working or you cannot find it, please write me back and let me know. Thanks.