Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

How do I lien an oil well in Karnes County, Texas?

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

In order to secure the mineral lien, the lien claimant must file a lien affidavit also know as a Verified Statement in Support of Lien on Mineral Property. To comply with the statutory requirements, the affidavit must include the following information:

(1) the name(s) of the mineral property owner(s) involved, if known;

(2) the name and mailing address of the claimant;

(3) the dates of performance or furnishing;

(4) a description of the land, leasehold interest, pipeline, or pipeline right-of-way involved; and

(5) an itemized list of amounts claimed.

You can see if the Clerk of the Court has a form Affidavit for you to file. Or perhaps, they have a sample from another case that you can copy

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate me, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The well reached total depth 45 days ago. What is the time frame before a lien may no longer be filed with the courthouse?

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

The lien must be brought within two years after the last day a lien claimant may file its lien affidavit or within one year after completion, termination, or abandonment of the work under the original contract under which the lien is claimed, whichever is later.

Thank you

Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.