Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

If your boss sits with the President of the company and the

If your boss sits with the President of the company and the President says, If you continue talking to people who can help you stop me ..... I will put you in a box. He repeated it twice with my boss listening. First, I took that as a threat and second can my boss be held accountable for doing nothing to stop him?

Hi, Larry, and Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to help, I am sorry you are faced with these problems at work. In Answer to your question, if you seriously believed that the President of the company was threatening to kill you when he said that he would ""put you in a box", I can understand that this would have frightened anyone a great deal, however, you should have reported this to the police. Your immediate boss cannot protect anyone from death threats, there would be no way that he could have protected you and what could he possibly have done to stop the President from making these threats, or taking any action. This would have been a job for the police, not from any employee of the company,

I wish I could give you the Answer you were hoping for, and it would have given me great pleasure to do so, but I have an ethical obligation to you to give only correct Answers, so I am respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you not hold the law applicable to your situation against me

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service, if you need anything further, please use the "Reply" button to let me know