INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

i have a $12000 dollar debt to the department of defense. The

i have a $12000 dollar debt to the department of defense. The treasury department has started garnishing my wages. The garnishment is making it difficult to pay my bills. Is there anyway I can stop the garnishment and negoiate a lower debt and pay it in the next 4 or 5 years?
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.
You can accomplish that by calling and working out a voluntary payment plan. Explaining financial hardship and being consistent in making payments should secure the accommodation. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What kind of payment can I get because I can only pay 100 dollars a month?

You can work out a lengthy payout. 100 a month is not unheard of. They may want a larger balloon payment later to avoid repayment extending for years. Good luck. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.