Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

2011 Gallbladder surgery, diaphragm paralyzed, rare situations

Customer Question

2011 Gallbladder surgery, diaphragm paralyzed, rare situations researched found. Been to Board of Medicine and the Litigation have not received decision as yet. Sept 14th. State requires a Profesional who has had similiar situation happen to them, my research has provided none at this point. Small community, attorneys not willing to accept case. Attorney's realize the cost of this case would be very high for them. Idaho, has a Cap on amount that may be received.

I have done all the research with many facts, prevelent one is Phrenic Nerve damaged by Bile spilled from Gallbladder as grasper tore a rent, CO2 irritated Phrenic Nerve, bile spilled paralyzing diaphragm. Patient awoke in recovery in great pain on right quad extending from below the ribs up over the shoulder and down the back, kept two hours longer than normal, sent home unable to breathe ian great pain and lots of pain medication, 4 hours later in E.R. sent home refused to stay, back in E.R. next day with 102.5 temp and pneumonia for four days. Still in great pain, requested post-op tests same as pre-op found diaphragm paralyzed from late March tests to middle of April tests. Surgeon denied when asked if it happened in surgery, answer was 'Absolutely Not" No follow up, sent to Pulmonary doctor, solution CPAP, refused for did not have Sleep Apnea. Choose Medpractice and Neglect procedures and Financial due to losing much of my "Quality of Life as a Senior that is/was healthy, no medications" Seems attorneys refuse me for reasons stated above and they are not familiar with this type of situation.I have been on my own looking for solutions. How do I find an attorney to represent me, went to Board representing myself with lots of information, also was over-medicated by three different doctors, three different strengths in 4 days, to medication I am allergie to, Morphine, Codine, state in reports, they gave me Hydrocodone....Any suggestions? Surgeons attorney called me after Litigation wih excuse doctor thought up had not heard from him since he told me my diaphragm was paralyzed, why did she call? Do not intend to give up. Much of the quality of my life has been taken from me and no one has given me any info on the future of my life. Been hung out to dry.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty finding counsel. What have you attempted to do so far? Perhaps I can assist you in that matter. Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thought I had answered this question, 40 attorneys in MT, WA, ID to no avail, plus Board of Medicine and Litigation! Do not know how to answer you any further, Have all the Litigation papers and facts I found...Please help me answer you for do not know what you are asking that I have not already given you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thought I had answered this question, 40 attorneys in MT, WA, ID to no avail, plus Board of Medicine and Litigation! Do not know how to answer you any further, Have all the Litigation papers and facts I found...Please help me answer you for do not know what you are asking that I have not already given you YOU are NOT a Malpractice attorney!!??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You have taken my money and you have not answered any question and you are not a Malpractice Attorney so how can you help me, feel you have taken my money under false pretense.

I wish attorney familiar with Medical, Malpractice and Neglect cases. Please give me that attorney or my money back.....Earlene

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Have not received any answer, gave him all the information and he asked for more and he is NOT a Malpractice Attorney knowing Medical information but took my money anyway, either give me a Malpractic Attorney or refund my monies!!!!

Earlene,

My apologies if my question appeared as if I did not read your facts, I was asking it to make sure that what I provide is something that you did not yet try. I realize that finding counsel is quite difficult at times especially for an experimental case, and I understand that finding help is not always easy. Here are some suggestions for you, and if you tried them already, please let me know so I can potentially find more options.

1. The most preferred option for you may be to consider browsing the listings at www.avvo.com and www.martindale.com. There you can search by fees, location, experience, and expertise. You can review past client testimonials and peer driven evaluations, and email the attorneys directly. This is my own preferred method for finding counsel for my own clients if I do not have personal contacts in that specialization or within that jurisdiction.

2. Consider calling the county and state bars for referrals. That may also be a legitimate option although there is no guarantee the attorneys will contact you in return.

3. Finally, and potentially most reward option is for you to consider calling law schools and speaking with the legal clinics. If a law professor finds your case to be worthy of precedent, he may consider taking you on as a client and pursuing this on your behalf. As many law professors want to create law, if you show that this is a situation where law is not yet settled, you may be able to find someone who can help you.

Good luck.

PS. I did not take your money or anything, I was busy typing up a very lengthy response to your question. Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dimitry, I was looking for attorney who was familiar with others with same situation as I, not where I could find attorney, I have searched all the places you suggested except schools, they would not have the funds to take this case. You did Not give me an answer I did not already have. Not satisfied with your answer, please refund my money for you gave info I already have with no precedent of a case like mine with answers of how, why happened...familiar with this type of case and you do not seem to be. I do appreciate your time and response but it did not help me in any way with new facts. Hoped would receive answer from someone with experience in this situation. Thank you Blessings, Please refund the fee... Earlene

Earlene,

I am sorry that I was unable to assist. To best assist you I will ask that the moderators refund you the deposit. Good luck.