Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My great neghew,who is only 18 years old, has been sentences

My great neghew,who is only 18 years old, has been sentences nearly 6 mouth ago to 10 years in prison. My sister try explainning some of the chargies,- 1. a number or house robberies and 2. a few other thing but not sale or drugs armed robberies or assault. My niece and great neghew with 7 other sibling, has been burden upon in so many ways, its a bit much to go into here. But in spite of that, she world take them to chuch when she could and would not excielp any disrespactfule to others. My neghew is a good person. I believe he has not warren such parnishment. I want to appl the court desigen. to as for a batter way,-like go to CCCorp, there, he can earn a G.E.D and when the Air Force. Prison in not a place for growing child to learn how to be a good man & citizen and a mantor to his 3 young brother,who needs see that in him for there growth. Is there a chance the cout will over-tune? Houston, TX/Beeville,TX
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry to hear about your nephew, but the Texas courts are very tough to get decisions overturned, it depends on the evidence itself and not how good of a person he is I am afraid. your only chance for him if you want to help him is to get him an appeal attorney and seek to appeal the sentence as too harsh and time may have run out for the appeal if this happened 6 months ago as he only had 60 days to appeal for most cases unless he can prove his attorney did not properly defend his case. The fact is that the Texas appeals courts overturn very few criminal cases, so you have to prove that the evidence was not sufficient to convict him or that the court committed some type of legal error in his case and his attorney did not properly defend him to get his overturned I am afraid.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law