Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
3396227

I live in indiana and sent a one man business in texas $8860

I live in indiana and sent a one man business in texas $8860 for an engine and other parts with some labor involved. It has been over a year and a half and Have not seen any thing. how do i go about suing or getting my money back?

DearCustomer- I'm not certain why you would have sent that much money in advance but the only way to recover the money is to file a suit against the person who has the money. The problem is that you will have to file the suit in Teas or wherever he is located so you may be faced with having to hire a Texas lawyer or filing everything by mail. At some point, if the guy defends the case you may have to travel to TX to testify at trial. I have included the website for the Texas court forms which may be of some assistance.

http://www.txcourts.gov/pubs/pubs-home.asp

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dave

I sent the money to pay for the engine,parts and labor. He came highly recommended with a good reputation. He has since shut his business down and has promised many times to fulfill his end of the deal. I guess i am just too trusting. Thanks for the help i wasnt sure if i had to file in my stae or Texas.

kirk