dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
29685164

I am filing bankruptcy chapter 7. Cannot afford a lawyer using

I am filing bankruptcy chapter 7. Cannot afford a lawyer using online preparer. My question is I owe 5 creditors (all unsecured credit card debt) I have three judgements, one pending and one still with a collection agency. On the form I listed the collection agencies and the attorneys because that is what it instructed me to do. the summary showed me owing 10 people instead of 5. I listed the attorneys dollar amounts as $0 so the money would be right. Who should be listed on the report? the attorney or collection agency?
Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
When listing creditors, you should list the last point of contact from the creditor. Accordingly, if the account is with a collection agency, you list it as ABC Debt c/o collection agency. And the same would apply for an account with an attorney. Likewise, you did the right thing by not adding the amounts that you owe again as they are duplicates.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

fields in the online form do not allow for a in care of. They just allow you to add list of creditors