dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
29685164

Need help finding a lawyer to sue a lawyer/law firm in cincinnati

Need help finding a lawyer to sue a lawyer/law firm in cincinnati for breach of contract, negligence and loss of 100k as a result. Can u help find a lawyer?

Do I file a complaint with the bar association before filing a suit
Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

Don't waste your time with the bar association. Go to the site findlaw.com where you can search by location and attorney speciality. And you do NOT need an attorney who handles only legal malpractice but instead an attorney that does civil litigation/breach of contract. Likewise, it may take finding an attorney outside of Cincinnati. Regardless, you should file a complaint with the state bar association now while you look for an attorney to represent you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear sir

thank u much. We provided tutoring services on a large scale. Another matter:The next year ie academic year 2011-12, the provider has not paid 16 k June invoice. Qs is there are two clauses about "law" and "arbitration:

I want to file a suit here in cincinnati pro se. the facts and paperwork that she owes me cannot be disputed really. I do not want to have to go to Columbus Arbitration. The contract was signed and completely executed in Cincinnati; she was paid each month by the Cincinnati public schools (CPS) school district as she has been for June 2012. I am told that in Ohio an arbitration clause will prevail, unless...e.g. if I can prove she owes money but she is making a flimsey excuse to not pay , in this instant she says I did not give end of program all paperwork in time. I have given all in my possession (collected from tutors on contract with and paid by her) and that was a lot. She broke the contract in not ever paying me per the stipulated time/mode of payment clause and was greedy e.g asked me to modify the contract for an extra 10plus % when she delayed the first payment and I had to collect by paying a surprise visit at Columbus.

Qs: Do I put the argument against columbus arbitration in my court complaint or argue on the first day. Are there precedents or where do i look up. I want to do a pro se as I did complete the case last year when the lawyer/firm goofed. can I pay a lawyer to only correct my draft /prepare precedents and an argument.

Contract Clauses relevant:

14. choice of law. The law shall govern teh validity of this agreement, the construction of its terms and the interpretation of the righst and duties of the parties hereto.

15. Arbitration. Any controversies arising out of the terms and conditions of thsi Agreeemnt or its interpretation shall be settled by an arbitrator in Columbus, Ohio in accordance with the rules of the american arbitration Association, and the judgment upon award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.

Is her not paying the last June invoice outside the scope of clause 15, cause the invoice and expenses and paperwork for that is exactly in line with all earlier months paid by her in toto. She is doing this cause the program is shut down by the dept of edu, Oh. Two of the reasons that relate to the present instance -providers were scamming, some (like last year's Somalian being investigated for fraud,) and that it ended up being too docucentric.

Thanks for ur patience. I am not sure if I am to meet someone thro' this service

SN

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Kindly, did you get my reply pl?

You are posting a new question and I must ask that you accept my answer my rating it ok or better. Likewise, please post your new question and you can ask for me in your question line. Thanks.