dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

Hello... I have a car accident injury related question for

Hello... I have a car accident injury related question for my insurance claims medical forms. The question is, "Have you had any other espenses as a result of this injury?" Yes, of course, the accident took place one and half weeks ago. My car was a total loss and my insurance settled (grateful). I went to the hospital and after batteries of tests (xray, CT Scan, blood work, etc) - I have a fractured rib, intermittent pain when breathing deeply, etc... I have not been able to work since the accident. My son has been taking care of me (24 hours each day) since the accident. How do I accurately and substantially answer the question above ("other expenses") when the answer is qualitative in nature such as amount of time spent as a direct result from accident, loss of energy, time and energy spent by my son driving me to appointments, errands, etc. In other words, how can I objectively answer the question above? Any feedback is very much appreciated and I hope my question makes sense... XXX XXXI can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thank you...

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

Sorry for your accident and hope you are doing better.

Note, at this time the insurance carrier needs to develop the claim based on actual, out of pocket losses. And damges that include pain and suffering are calculated later. Therefore, you only need to provide actual damages such as prescription costs, medical bills, and wage loss (if available) In other words, please do not get ahead of the process as pain and suffering and inconvenience are figured in much later. Finally, "expenses" means only actual expenses.