Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My ex is a police officer and works for the NJ State Dept Children

My ex is a police officer and works for the NJ State Dept Children and Family Services. He wanted to obtain full custody of our daughter and had his co-worker come to my home as he alledged her arm was hanging out of the socket. At the same time, my ex filed a motion in family court for full custody which he was denied. The DYFS worker was very rude, but I answered all of her questions. DYFS filed a motion through court for a judge to hear the case as the case worker claimed she didn't interview anyone. The judge told the case worker to come back and interview everyone. She did the same day, a week later the case was dismissed. Can I sue my ex as he lied about the abuse, and sue Dept of Family Services as the case worker lied about so many statements in her motion to get the case heard in court?
It is certainly not beyond the incompetent and negligent DCFS workers to lie and even fabricate evidence against people, so that is not surprising. If your ex filed a false abuse complaint, then you can sue him for malicious prosecution and slander/libel for bringing the false claim against you, since NJ does not have a specific law (unlike some other states) for making known false reports of abuse against someone.

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”