JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

I am a legal owner of a car with another party and my Company

I am a legal owner of a car with another party and my Company is the leinholder....The other party has the only key to this vehicle and I would like to reposses this vehicle and sell it to pay off the remainder of the note...How can I legally pursue this repossession...? Thank you...
Welcome and thank you for your question!

If you have proof of ownership, you can go to a dealer of your car brand and purchase a replacement/duplicate key from the service/parts area. They're going to need your VIN number.

With that key, you can then go and get your car.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

What are your options now?

If you wish to continue this conversation, click on the Reply tab.
If you are satisfied that I have answered your question, then please rate the answer with “excellent service” so that I receive credit for assisting you. Positive ratings are the only way I receive credit for assisting you today.

IF you feel the need to click either
"Helped a little" or "I expected more," then do not rate me (not yet, anyway!). Instead, reply to me using the REPLY tab. Specify what additional information you need and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can I have a repossession company bring the car to me?

Since you are the legal owner of the car, yes.

~~ J.B.