rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.

WHO CAN I TALK TO AT A COURT HOUSE WHERE A JUDGE PUT WRONG

WHO CAN I TALK TO AT A COURT HOUSE WHERE A JUDGE PUT WRONG SOCIAL
SECURITY ON MY SON'S CHILD SUPPORT CASE.HIS CASE WAS PAID IN FULLNOW THE CHILD SUPPORT SYSTEM SAYS HE STILL OWES THE ORIGINAL AMOUNT?????
Expert:  rvlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer.

Get the social security card with the correct number. Go to the county clerk's office and get a copy of the order and/or other documents that have the wrong social security number. Write a letter to Child Support with copies of both and written proof you have that the support was paid. Tell them to correct their records.

Worst case scenario. Make an application to the judge to correct the error. If he won't .......contact the chief administrative law judge of the court. Send him a letter certified mail RRR and regular mail telling him/her of the situation and enclose all the papers you sent so far. Last resort.....report the judge to the Committee on Judicial Misconduct.

Remember that this is not legal advice. Please refer to the JUST ANSWER disclaimer and rule on this site. It is applicable even though I am a New York attorney and your question may relate to a NY matter. You have to consult with an attorney in your state and discuss this matter with him or her.

To find an attorney, go online to Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory we lawyers use ourselves to find highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. These lawyers are NOT in Martindale because they paid to be included. They are there because they are rated as QUALIFIED by other lawyers in their field of expertise and geographic area as it applies to your kind of case. The process is this: other lawyers are asked to fill out questionnaires giving their opinion of the quality of the work of the law firm that ultimately appears in Martindale.

The site is organized geographically and by legal specialty. Consult with two or three and select the one you are most comfortable with. The Martindale listing will have the names of current or past clients. Contact those clients as references for the firm.

Please press 3 or 4 or 5 below so that I may get credit for assisting you.
Please do NOT press 1 or 2 since that will result in a negative rating for me which
you may not have intended If you want further information or clarification, just ask before you accept my answer and give a rating. I'm always ready to help further.

rich

rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience: NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.