Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I wa involved in a car accident it was my fault my car and

I wa involved in a car accident it was my fault my car and the other car was totaled, I thought that I was insured though Geico Insurance I found out when I called the Insuranace accident in that I was no longer Insured Geico told me that they notified the US Bank that is where my car is leined , in March of 2012 that I was being cancelled, under Wisconsin law is it not the banks obligation to notift me or just to insure the car, the US Bank told me they recieved no notification from Geico NOW WHAT... PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR A COMPLETE ANSWER. Linda Nestle Minocqua Wisconsin.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Could you explain a little more?

Did you not pay your premiums?

What is your specific question?

Has the other driver filed a claim against your insurance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When Geico cancelled me I was to take out another policy with them changing the deductable from 500 which I curently had to 1000 I assumed the olicy was inforced, it according to Geico wasnt it was always deducted from my bank account I took this for granted without checking Ive always had car ins. it was not taken out. Why did the US Bank not notify me they are the lein holder? Geico stated the US Bank was notified in March of 2012, The other Im sure will indeed file against Geico what happens now ,the US Bank claims they were not notified?

Thank you for the information:

Your initial post: I wa involved in a car accident it was my fault my car and the other car was totaled, I thought that I was insured though Geico Insurance I found out when I called the Insuranace accident in that I was no longer Insured Geico told me that they notified the US Bank that is where my car is leined , in March of 2012 that I was being cancelled, under Wisconsin law is it not the banks obligation to notift me or just to insure the car, the US Bank told me they recieved no notification from Geico NOW WHAT... PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR A COMPLETE ANSWER. Linda Nestle Minocqua Wisconsin.

Response: The bank as the lien holder does not have any obligation to notify you. Also, if the bank was not notified in the first place, the bank does not have any way to know that you do not have any insurance and take action to make sure that you are insured including paying for the premium. If your insurance was cancelled, the insurer should have notified you so that you can rectify it. However, you bear ultimate responsibility to insure that your premiums are paid and your policy is in effect. If you no longer have insurance at the time of the accident, then the insurance company would refuse to cover the accident and you would be personally responsible for the damages. If you have assets, the other motorist would try to reach them to cover the damages if you fail to pay for the damages, regrettably.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I had to take a lunch break.

Let me know if you have additional information.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.