MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

After I submit my administrative claim to federal court how

Customer Question

After I submit my administrative claim to federal court how long does it take for it to go to actual court.
Expert:  MShore replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. It is really difficult to pinpoint a time but on average 90-120 days.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have submitted my administrative claim for lawsuit and I got a call from the company asking what finances did I have after I was terminated. Is my finances something they need to be aware of at this point? Why would they need that information about my finances /income after i was terminated. Even if they was doing a settlement offer why would they need that info? I feel that's a little intrusive but can my secondary income be calculated in the amount they offer me in my settlement and why? ,
Expert:  MShore replied 1 year ago.
You do not need to disclose that information, especially without an explanation as to why it is relevant, as on its face it is irrelevant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was told it was needed because they can deduct the amount of money I was making other than the income from my job since I was terminated. So there using my VA Benefits ( income source) to calculate the amount that will be given to me for settlement. I was told any funds i received outside of work can be deducted from my settlement.

Does income have anything to do with settlement offers?
Expert:  MShore replied 1 year ago.
no, it does not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1.) When submitting my information in for my administrative claim Is it ok to get letters from friends that new i was working there and was complaining about the conditions of the work environment will this help my case.

2.) Also I was that if i dont submit all evidence now in administrative claim i will not be able to submit later, is that true?

Expert:  MShore replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes that is fine, and it will aid your case insofar as you can establish the veracity of your claims.

2. Not exactly, if you have evidence available to you now you should submit it, but evidence that may come to light later you would not be penalized for not presenting when you had no reason to know of its existence.