Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

I find I signed up for a scam from Key One Soulutions. I just

I find I signed up for a scam from Key One Soulutions. I just looked up this company name
and see that is what I spent $998.00 on to help lower my interest rates on credit cards. From what I can see, it is a complete scam. Is there anything I can do to even recoup partial monies?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. You do have some recourse....what you want to do is raise the stakes on them to make it cheaper to pay you voluntarily than to not. A person in your
position would want to send them a certified, return receipt requested letter
demanding that they refund your money in total within a short specified period of time;
and inform them that if such demand is not timely complied with, there will be
no choice but to file a suit against them for damages. The letter would want to
make sure to specifically mention that this claim will be filed not only as a
breach of contract case, but also as a deceptive trade practice action, which
will entitle one to not only to actual damages, but also an additional amount
equal to 3 times that as punitive damages. That generally provides all the
incentive necessary to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, a suit should be
filed.

I hope this has given you information that has been
helpful to you. If the information seems more general than
specific, please be aware that we are only allowed to
provide information and not specific advice.
If you have a follow-up question, please remember that
there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because
I may be helping others or taking a break.

If you do have any additional questions about my answer
please simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide
you with a fully satisfactory answer.
Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is
reflected as a negative rating, reflects negatively on my performance, and I
receive no credit for my answers.

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be
aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is
simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any
information given is simply information only and specifically is not

intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal
advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship
with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Attorney
Experience: Attorney with 29 years of experience.