LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.
58185682

RA - CE

Customer Question

I am a psychologist (60 years old) and have closed my private practice due to health issues. I have requested that HealthGrades remove my information from their internet site because the address and phone are obsolete, my practice is closed, and yet i continue to get calls and referrals based on their site.

They refuse to remove the information. What are my rights?
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 4 years ago.

LegalEagle1 :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I would like to try and help you with your question today.

LegalEagle1 :

First can you tell me if you have tried to update your profile through this link.

http://www.healthgrades.com/profile-manager/portal/PortalLoginLanding.aspx?pCID=hg-home-apr2011

If not please do. You may be able to modify your profile to show that you are now retired.

LegalEagle1 :

HealthGrades promotes their service as providing "Up-to-date information on the nation’s physicians and providers creates more opportunity for HealthGrades to match patients with physicians and providers who will meet their needs and expectations." By failing to update your status as being retired, they arguably asserting a false claim to promote their site.

If they refuse to update your information, you could consider complaining to the FTC and allege that they have violated 15 USC §52 which prohibits the dissemination of false advertisements.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/52

If you have anymore questions or want more information, please let me know.

LegalEagle1 :
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have found the information that I have provided to be helpful, please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information please ask.