rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
3071004

Our home is paid for, just found out that my husband took out

Our home is paid for, just found out that my husband took out a lare amount of money against the house, he didnt tell me what the money was for and told me it was not my business. he sold our beach home and I never saw a dime. What can I do. I can notafford a lawyer.Married 42 years.

Hi and welcome

What your husband did is wrong. Google the NORTH CAROLINA BAR ASSOCIATION It says:

In 2010, the State Bar of North Carolina adopted Rule 6.1, Voluntary Pro Bono Publico Service, as part of the N.C. Rules of Professional Conduct. Rule 6.1 states in part that:

Every lawyer has a professional responsibility to provide legal services to those unable to pay. A lawyer should aspire to render at least (50) hours of pro bono publico legal services per year.

Lawyers who have met or exceeded the expectation of providing 50 or more hours of pro bono service each calendar year are invited to become members of the North Carolina Bar Association's Pro Bono Honor Roll. Members of the Honor Roll are recognized throughout the year, and serve as model attorneys in giving back to their communities. To learn more, or be included as a member of the Honor Roll for 2012, please contact Mary Horowitz, Director of Public Service & Pro Bono Activities [email protected]

Congratulations to the following inaugural members of the North Carolina Bar Association Pro Bono Honor Roll!

(A long list of lawyers follows)

You will find a lawyer from a long list on the site who will represent you without charge.

rich