Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

I asked you a question a few weeks ago about a couch that Slumberland

Customer Question

I asked you a question a few weeks ago about a couch that Slumberland picked up but say they didn't . They are calling me 10 times a day what should I tell them?
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 4 years ago.
You have no duty to talk to them. You have told them that they have already picked it up and there's nothing else to say. You can simply hang up or not answer. As I explained in my first answer to your question, if they file a suit you will have to defend on the basis of "accord and satisfaction" meaning they already have the furniture and you don't. If you fail to answer a suit they can get a judgment by default so if something comes from a court you need to respond. Otherwise you can ignore them.