LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.
58185682

If a lawyer, running for an elected office, gives false information

If a lawyer, running for an elected office, gives false information on the voters registration and circulates petitions with false information what can a citizen do about this?
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 2 years ago.

LegalEagle1 :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

LegalEagle1 :

I would like to help you with your question today. Are you available to chat?

LegalEagle1 :

Hello and welcome to chat.

Customer:

Yes,Chat on line only.

LegalEagle1 :

You can report false statements of a candidate to the local board of elections and the secretary of state.

Customer:

Already reported to secretary of state.

LegalEagle1 :

Also lawyers are also bound by the disciplinary rules of the Ohio Supreme Court.

LegalEagle1 :

And if the person was running for judicial office, there are special rules for that too.

Customer:

How do I find out the disciplinary rules of the Ohio Supreme Court and how would I report them?

LegalEagle1 :

without knowing the allegation, it is difficult to point you to a specific rule. But I can point you to the link of the rules.

LegalEagle1 :

was the election for a judicial office?

Customer:

He said he was a resident of the county in which he is running. He lives in the neighboring county where he works in the prosecutor's office. His wife and children live there also.

Customer:

Are you in this chat or out?

LegalEagle1 :

You can also initiate a complaint with a local bar association.

LegalEagle1 :

Was the office the attorney was running for a judicial office?

Customer:

Will I have any legal responsibilities by questioning this? I truely believe this but I have no sworen statements or electic bill etc. to prove this.

LegalEagle1 :

Well, it is my experience that if you report a violation, disciplinary counsel routinely discloses your identity to the person.

LegalEagle1 :

There is no requirement that when you make the report that you disclose who you are. Anonymous complaints are not given as much consideration as ones where the person discloses their identity.

LegalEagle1 :

This is because there is no one for disciplinary counsel to follow up with. Also they will not be able to notify you of the resolution.

LegalEagle1 :

You can report it anonymously though. If you do, make sure you include ALL the information you have. Be detailed, include copies of the ads or recordings of the advertisement.

Customer:

i don't care if this man,who is running for proscutor, knows who I am or not. If he sues me at least it would get into court and it would be open for sworen testimony. I don't think he would be worth anyone lying for him.

LegalEagle1 :

well if he is running for public office, the protections your given by the first amendment are greater.

LegalEagle1 :

I have yet to see someone sue someone for filing a bar complaint or reporting election fraud.

Customer:

Thank you

LegalEagle1 :

I should say a sue a private individual.

LegalEagle1 :

Jean Schmitt and David Krikorian are always in court suing each other over election issues in Ohio.

LegalEagle1 :
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have found the information that I have provided to be helpful, please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the way I receive credit for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information please ask.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Also answers regarding the law may take some time to put together. There many be a delay between our responses with each other.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legaleagle1 or by beginning your question with “For LegalEagle1”

LegalEagle1, Attorney
Experience: Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.