Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

Customer Question

Purchased new vehicle 2 weekw ago, want to return and cancel contract. Dealer willnot cancel. What do I do to get my money and trade in back?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

What are the reasons that you want to return this vehicle and to cancel your contract?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Found out that I am not going to be able to pay the monthly payments

and also this dealer is taking advantage of me, don't know english well.

Have asked other kia dealers about a similar purchase and found out that these dealer has over charged me.

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, the fact that you do not speak English well, would not be a legal reason to void the contract, as long as it was given to you and you had a chance to have it translated, but signed it without understanding it.

Also, unfortunately the fact that you cannot afford monthly payments and another KIA dealer is selling the same car for less, would not constitute legally sufficient ground to cancel or void your contract.

At this point, the only options that you might have is to file a formal complaint with the KIA corporate headquarters and also with the local Better Business Bureau, if you feel that you were taken advantage of by this dealer or if you feel the dealer engaged in some type of fraud or misrepresentation.