Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  14 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 24+ yrs
19958803

bought home few months ago 96 doubled wide took sheet rock

Customer Question

bought home few months ago 96 doubled wide took sheet rock down there was hardly any insulation an no wood just out door sideing.how could this been sold as this are they not things that get inspected to make a home built to be a home .sheet rock was taken down in bath room to put in new tub this is when this was found
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you for using JA. I have read your comments above.
.
What is your legal question so I can help?
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I WOULD THINK BUYING HOME OBVIOUS NOT BRICK ,SIDEING THERE IS WOOD UNDERNEATH . NEVER HAVE I HEARD OF SUCH IN MY LIFE .WHO WOULD SAY I HAVE TO REMOVE SIDEING BEFORE I BUY AN SEE WHAT IS UNDER . WIERD HON.

Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
I agree that it would seem to be a poor way of building any type of structure to not have wood studs and framing making up the walls. But as for having some type of legal recourse against someone, this would be hard to pursue because first off it is a used home. Second, there is no way of knowing if someone who owned it prior to you "worked" on it and simply did a lousy job. Finally, even if there was some negligence on the part of the company who built it, the statute of limitations would have long run to pursue any claim against them.
.
So I hate to say it, but about the only thing to do now would be to frame it up and do it right the second time so you know it is done right.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THIS I CONSIDER WAS REPPRESENTED AS A FRAUD ,THE STRUCTURE THAT SHOULD BE THERE IS A FRAUD .NEVER HAVE HEARD OF SUCH. DONT HOMES HAVE TO BE PASSED FOR STRUCTURER THAT IS SAFE SHOULD THIS NOT BE DOCUMENTED SOME WHERE

Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
For a mobile home, they are inspected at the time they are constructed and certified to comply with the building codes in place at that time. But after they leave the factory, there is no further inspection that is required.
.
The problem is that unless you purchased it from the dealer, you don't know if someone else who owned it before you went in and rigged it after they had problems. With a 16 year old mobile home, it could have had several owners before you who may be responsible for the problem and just covered it up.
.
Since a mobile home is considered personal property like a vehicle, unless there is some type of written warranty given, the purchaser take it "as is", defects and all.
.
So if you sued the guy who sold it to you, he would say that he had no idea that the problem was there and that he never worked on it. In order to be able to recover some type of money judgment, you would have to prove that he actively concealed the damage and misrepresented the condition of it.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.