TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

verbale contract was $50. for tearing off old roof,$25. for

verbale contract was $50. for tearing off old roof,$25. for plywood,$50. per square of shingles.extras were to be paid for patching holes,wrapping spacers,rafter tails,replacing joists and rafters, new fascia board all around,new gutters and downspouts,new soffett on porch ceiling and new wiring for light,and switch. she said she went over budget and so we wouldn't get paid for the extras.
Is there a specific question I could assist you with?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

shouldn't she either pay us prevailing wages or what they want to?she said she went over budget so we wouldn't get paid. isn't it her problem if she goes over budget for materials?this was a city contract.
also on a new job we worked 2 days one week then 5 days the next,we were suppose to get paid on fri.but didn't. she called a meeting sat morn .that's when she said she was no longer paying us individually,she would pay one and he could pay the others.also we wouldn't get paid weekly, we would get paid after the job was done and she had her money. she wouldn't tell us how much we would get paid either.this is a commercial job.since she is the contracter isn't she suppose to pay weekly?

I didn't realize it was a government job. I am going to opt out. No need to respond, someone will pick up and assist you in a little while.

I'll pick this one up.

From my understanding of your statements, your work for a general contractor who went over budget on a city construction job and is now refusing to pay you for your work.

Please confirm that this is correct and then answer the following question:

Are you an independent contractor or are you an employee of the general contractor?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we were individual sub-contracters for the city job.. the contractor paid us for the regular work but, none of the extras were paid for .

As a subcontractor, it is generally accepted that any of the material supplied in the contract will be reimbursed through the general contractor. I think you should take the general contractor to small claims court to sue for the extras. It's not your problem that the general contractor went over budget, and she should have to pay out of her pocket. She has no defense. Should be a pretty easy case. -ZDN

TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs