TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I am entering an Oklahoma contract to be a distributor for

I am entering an Oklahoma contract to be a distributor for an OK company. How much will it cost to have it reviewed by an attorney?

Thank you for your question.

There is no set price when dealing with attorneys. For contract reviews, most attorneys will require an hourly fee. Thus, the amount it ends up costing you will be a function of how many pages the contract has, whether there are other documents which must be reviewed in addition to the contract itself, and whether you are asking for any rewrite or negotiation of the contract for you by the attorney.

A simple 5-10 page document can cost anywhere from $300 to $1000 to review in attorneys fees.

That being said, there are many attorneys right now that would agree to do a set price for the review. You could offer a flat fee and see if someone would be willing to take it.

The prices are going to very between big firm and small firms and experience level of attorney. I've been doing commercial law for 11 years and my price is $350 per hour. However, I know senior attorneys who have overwhelming experience in contract negotiation that charge $850 per hour. So, it depends on the level of service you want and the complexity of the legal issues involved.

Let me know if you want to talk more about this or have other information that you want me to address.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The contract appears to be very straight forward. The only addition to its terms I want to get is a guarantee number of products monthly. The number of units produced can be few at first, with more towards the end of the contract.

If the contract is straight forward except for this one term, you may simply be able to handle the negotiation on your own.

When you say you want a guarantee on the number of products monthly, are these products supplied to you to distribute, or are you saying that you are the supplier and they are distributing for you and you want a guarantee that they are going to purchase a certain amount each month?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am the distributor for this area. I will keep a small inventory, at least 5, at all times so I can service my customers. (The product is very large and weighs 2500 pounds.)

Can you review the contract? I can scan and email it to you? Are you familiar with OK law?

I am afraid that this website does not allow experts to give out their personal contact information. We can only communicate through this forum. I'm not aware of any way to upload the contract on the website so that we can take a look at it.

How many pages are you talking about?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The contract is 18 pages, double spaced. I have confidence in the integrity of the company, but am not familiar with OK business law.
I only need to know if there are legal red flags of any sort. I will be suggesting some changes to the company, but I'm not worried about help with them, negotiations seem to go very well.

I understand. It's probably good to have someone look at this directly and be able to talk to you about it directly, as you would want to form an attorney client relationship with them, which is not permited on this website. You'd also want to make sure to get someone who is licensed in Oklahoma. I'm licensed in Texas and providing you with a thorough legal review would be out of my jurisdiction.

As it's 18 pages long, its really outside the scope of the kind of services we provide here. I can't in good faith recommend language to insert as to the clause you are wanting to add without reading the entire thing. If you were really looking for someone to do that for you on this website, then we can see about getting you a refund.

I would recommend googling some OK law firms (solo practicitioners) and offering them $500 to review it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your time. I will contact an OK lawyer.

Your welcome. Good Luck.

If you are satisfied with the service, please rate my answer so I might receive credit for my work. If not, let me know and I will ask customer service to refund your deposit.