TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

My husband died of acute Renal failure cause by cerebravasular

My husband died of acute Renal failure cause by cerebravasular accident, can I sue for wrongful death? He was in a nursing home when he fell out of the wheel chair.

I'm very sorry to hear about this unfortunate event and am sorry for your loss.

That being said, you can only sue for wrongful death if you have evidence of a negligent, wrongful or intentional action that caused the death. Also, you must sue within 2 years of your husbands death under the Statute of Limitations.

If you can show that the reason that your husband fall from the wheel chair was a negligent or intentional action of the nursing home, then you have a good suit. However, if he fell out of the chair simply because no one was watching him, then you have a much much harder case on your hands.

Do you know the circumstances that caused his fall?