TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I took a drink of grape juice that I bought at a store. It

Customer Question

I took a drink of grape juice that I bought at a store. It tasted foul, so I spit it out and drank water to wash out the taste. Within a matter of a few seconds , it knocked me out and I fell to the floor. Ever since then, I have without warning, uncontrollable bowel and urination episodes, along with feeling weak and exhausted constantly. My body expells a strong toxic like odor often. I would like to get legal help from an attorney on a contingency bases, if I have a case here.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Yes, you will need to have it tested. First I suggest you contact the Federal Food Administration - here is that contact information Tell them what has happened and that you will want to have someone test the product.

1220 N Street
Sacramento, California 95814
Telephone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
They may send someone for the product, or they may tell you to take it to your local health department.

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate me, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you.

Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I called the Health Department in my area and they said they dont do food and beverage testing. they just said I could Google lab testing . I did contact a private Forensics Lab, and I am waiting to hopefully hear back from them.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi

I suggested you contact the FDA and I gave you that information. I suggest you do that instead of paying for a private lab.

The FDA has to take the complaint and test

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did as you sugested and called the FDA and filed a complaint. They called and spoke to a Representative of the Grape juice manufacturer to notify them of the Complaint. The FDA said that the Representative wanted me to call her with some more information on the Product ,such as code numbers,expiration date,ect. The Grape juice Rep. said they were going to send someone down from Concord, MA to California where I live to pick up the Sample, and do their own Lab test on it. I will only give them a partial sample and keep the rest just in case something happens to the Sample I give them,like it somehow gets lost in their posession.I asked the FDA it they would want a Sample to test themselves, and they said they would probably consider testing it, if they felt there was a need to. My question is, if the Manufacturer representatives want the actual Grape Juice bottle instead of a
separate container, should I give it to them?

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi

Sure. Yes. You can pour some into a sterlized container for your own safe keeping. But since you took my information and informed the FDA they will track what the Grape Juice manufacturer does with the contents

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I talked to the Grape Juice Representative and they said that since the juice was a few months old,they did not feel their Labs could determine what contaminates, if any are in the sample. I then called the FDA again and they referred me to the FDA in my area,Irvine,Ca. I talked to the main man in the Complaint division " Franklin Lee", Ph.(NNN) NNN-NNNNand he said that they do not do Lab testing for Private Parties and would not file a Complaint on my behalf, because it would be against Federal Ordinance Regulations. He then suggested I contact a Private Lab to have it tested, and then said he was sorry he could not help me.Also, I never did hear back from the Private Lab I contacted a few days ago. Can you provide me with any more suggestions? This is getting pretty frustrating. Thank You

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.

Hi

I am sorry to hear this. I am out of suggestions, however. I will opt out and see if another legal pro has any ideas.

Please do not respond to this information request as that may delay a response from another Pro

Good luck

Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.

In order to show that you have a contamination case, you need to be able to establish what toxin you were exposed to. You need to see a toxicologist, not just a regular doctor. And you need to ask for a full blood work up to determine what you were exposed to. You also need to keep checking around for different labs.

This can be an expensive option, but unless you have a way to establish what exactly happened to you, it will be next to impossible to get an attorney to pick the case up on contingency. There is also the problem of how long you waited from the incident until starting to take action. Waiting a few months after something like this definitely hurts the chances of doctors and lab tests being able to show what happened. I can only encourage you to keep looking for answers and experts.

-ZDN

TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs