TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

The hospital that delivered my son use the "Muller-Hillis"

The hospital that delivered my son use the "Muller-Hillis" maneuver and the device failed to hold suction. Before the problem with the device could be fixed my son inhaled fluid in his lungs "fetal bradycardia". He spent six days in the NICU as a result of this and cost are family a lot of dept. My son is now four years old and doing well. Do I have any grounds to sue the hospital?

You could potentially have recovered under these facts for medical malpractice if the "Muller-Hillis" maneuver was done in a negligent manner. Unfortunately, the statute of limitations in Missouri related to medical malpractice claims is two years. Therefore, you are barred from suing the hospital at this point in time.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.