Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

What recourse do I have against a neighbor who constantly harrasses

What recourse do I have against a neighbor who constantly harrasses me every time I step outside. She had called the sheriff on me for trimming her trees that are hanging over on to my property and garage. All the while I am trimming she harrasses me saying she is going to take pictures, call the sheriff. She also seems to know alot of information about me including my age, where my children live, my mothers age. All the time she does this you cannot see her because she hides. This has been going on for 8 years since I moved here. I know every one says she's crazy (she gets along with no one in the neighborhood and never has) I have tried to ignore her and never respond to her. I am starting to feel quite unease and fearful in light of all the shootings that have been going on throughout the country. After all, in each case, the shooter was found to be crazy. I do not like living in fear. How does she know this information about me and how can I put a stop to this?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
If she is making continuous frivolous complaints to the sheriff and is continuing to harass you, then your next step is to file suit in court for harassment and seek a restraining order against her continuing to call the police for the matter over the trees. Unfortunately, with crazy neighbors your choices are limited to either sue for harassment and/or get a restraining order or simply ignore them when the sheriff and everyone knows that the neighbor is crazy.

As far as her knowing information about you, much information is available in the public records and also on the internet, so there is no way to actually know how she has found this information about you and your family, but you would be amazed how much is actually out there and available on the internet and nuts have nothing better to do all day than spend time figuring out how to harass people who have real lives I am afraid.

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law