Juliana
Juliana, Attorney
Experience:  23 years of experience; former prosecutor, magistrate, child support attorney
17008935

my wife and I are think of hosting an adult web site in Northern

my wife and I are think of hosting an adult web site in Northern Kentucky, and was wandering if it is legal?

Thanks for your question.

Just to clarify - are you and your wife planning to contract with a web hosting service (for instance, Go Daddy or Host Gator) to set up your own adult website, or, are do you want to provide web hosting for other individuals/companies who want to set up adult websites?

Thanks,
Juliana
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We are contacting a web hosting company like Go Daddy and using another company content.
Thanks for the additional information.

First, you will need to read the terms of service of the web hosting company you intend to use, to make sure your site is (and will remain) in compliance with the rules of the particular company.

It is not illegal to set up an adult website in your location, however, don't display any content involving minors. If you will be using live models on your site, they should be of legal age, but you should also get a signed model release and keep it on file. Also, you should have your cover page identify the site as containing adult content, and state that no one under age 18 should enter. Also, make sure you have permission to display content that belongs to another company, to avoid any trademark or copyright infringment issues.

Hope this helps.
Juliana