How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19742
Experience:  8+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am 75 years of age , iwas attacked by a fifty year old ,

Customer Question

i am 75 years of age , iwas attacked by a fifty year old , he is the manager of the apartment complex that i live in he is about 6-5 and i am 5-5 tall. i think i need an attorney . i feel intimated my phone # XXXXX XXXXX my name is XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 years ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Peter, good morning. I am sorry to hear what happened. We are unable to speak over the phone but I can certainly answer any questions which you may have on the website, so please let me know what they are. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do, i have a right to sue this apartment complext and the manager ? i am a seinor and have no money. i need imformation on how to go about this .is there any place i can get help.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 years ago.

I certainly understand your situation. There are two issues here. The first is that if you were attacked by this man, he committed a criminal offense, could be arrested and charged. As such, you may want to consider calling the police and filing a report and have them investigate the matter. Any evidence you have ( i.e. photos or witnesses) along with your own statement, should be presented to the police to allow them to look into the matter and see if he can be charged. If charged and you suffered damages and out of pocket expenses, the State will try and get him to pay restitution, so you are not out of pocket. Moreover, if you feel threatened or intimidated, you can always go to the clerk of courts in the county where you reside and file a restraining order/ protective order against this man, so he will not be allowed to have contact with you. The second issue would be the civil side of this, where the complex and the man could be sued, since this happened and he was an employee of the complex. This needs to be reported, if not already, to the complex and his supervisor, so it can be looked into. Moreover, if you suffered damages as a result of his attack, he and the company may be liable to you to pay them. If you have no money to retain private counsel, you may want to consider contacting legal aid, to help. Here is the link to their website that contains their contact information, so you can call them and see if you can speak with someone about helping you, in your area.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or
need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with
3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my
help. I hope you found it to be
Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100%
satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the
left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE
CONVERSATION "button. I want
to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and
that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 years ago.
Hi Peter. I saw you rated my service as poor and just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed any clarification. This negative feedback does effect me, so I am trying to figure out what else I can do to help you. Please let me know.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions