Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I was delivered a citation to my home. She asked for Grace

I was delivered a citation to my home. She asked for Grace I said yes and she gave me the citation. After she left I noticed the last name was not my last name and I had never lived at the address cited. What should I do.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

What type of citation was it and can you provide me with more details about this matter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She is being sued for debt from by a company named Midland funding, LLC. She defaulted on credit from Chase Bank. I have never had dealings with that Bank.
Thank you for your follow up.

Does the notice and complaint state entirely different last name than yours?

Do you know who the person who's name is XXXXX XXXXX the citation and complaint is?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX is Gonzales. My name used to be Gonzales but I was divorced in 2008.

Do not know who the person is.

Thank you for your follow up.

Since you had been known by the last and first name stated on the citation, you would need to contact the attorneys listed on the citation and verify whether any of the other defendant's information is matching to yours.

If it does, you will have to answer this citation and contest the lawsuit and if it doesn't than you would need to inform the attorneys and the court that this is a case of mistaken identity and you are not the intended defendant in this lawsuit.