Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I am a victim of spouse domestic violence. When the violence

I am a victim of spouse domestic violence. When the violence occurred he spent the night in jail and he has recently obtained a lawyer for 1200.00 .the court is this week. My question is do I need a lawyer for the go before the judge at the city hall ?
Thank you for your question.

I am very sorry to hear that you were in this situation, and I truly wish you the best. To answer your question, you DO NOT need an attorney since you are not the one being tried, charged, or pursued, you are a witness at the most. As such you do not require representation. If you were charged with something, then my answer would change but if you were simply a victim, you do not need your own attorney.

Good luck.

Kindly remember to only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate my service as either "Bad" or "Poor”, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I was able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Please be aware that if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you!