Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Can I get more time to move with an doctor note? I have co

Can I get more time to move with an doctor note? I have copd.
I looked up the Ohio Code and I didn't see anything that would give someone grounds to file for a "stay" from the eviction order, for medical reasons or otherwise.
.
But obviously the landlord could voluntarily agree to give you more time if he didn't immediately move to enforce the order. The bailiff or sheriff doesn't perform the eviction until they are formally requested to do so by the landlord. Additionally, they usually notify the tenant at least 24 hours before any eviction to give them one last chance to move. You could contact the local sheriff's office or court to see if the landlord has actually scheduled the eviction. They don't do evictions on the weekend, so if it wasn't scheduled for Friday, the earliest they would do it would be Monday if wasn't already scheduled.
.
So if Friday is the day that the judgment is final and the date the judge said you have to move by, then the landlord couldn't schedule any eviction before Monday and then it can take a day or two if the bailiff or sheriff is busy. It is the first of the month, so they might be backed up.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.