Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Can I get out of a contract if the services were not performed

Can I get out of a contract if the services were not performed in a timely manner, however there are no provisions in the contract as to a specific time. It is a 13 month contract with an online marketing company. Thanks.
Thank you for your question.

Yes, it is possible to get out of it, but it is not easy. What you might need to do is send a formal letter demanding 'assurances' that the contract be performed, and that you are requesting either the first step OR a response back to the letter to take place within a certain period of time (for example within 14 or 30 days when you received the letter). Then, if assurances are not provided, or the contract not performed, you can claim breach and use it as grounds as a means of attempting to exit the terms of the agreement. By sending such a letter you would in essence be demanding some sort of action, and lack of action on their part would be considered a potential violation.

Hope that helps.

Kindly remember to only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate my service as either "Bad" or "Poor”, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I was able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Please be aware that if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you!